Application Instructions & Care
YOU MUST HAVE A HEAT PRESS! An iron or Easy Press will NOT work due to the high heat and extreme pressure needed to apply our designs.
A heat gun is strongly encouraged to verify the temperature your press is set at. Our transfers are HIGH HEAT unless otherwise stated. This means your temperature on your press MUST BE AT LEAST 375 DEGREES! This is particularly important if your press is a Budget Press (cost less that $500). Budget presses are generally the ones purchased from Amazon and places like that. While there is absolutely nothing wrong with these presses, it has been found that these presses generally have a discrepancy in the heat they actually achieve. Because of this, we strongly encourage a temp check with a laser heat gun to verify your pressing temp prior to pressing.
We do not recommend the use of Teflon sheets or parchment paper. Using such can reduce the actual temperature of heat that is applied during pressing.
Pressure is a MUST with our transfers. Inadequate pressure can result in peeling/lifting/cracking of the transfer. Each press is different so please adjust your press accordingly.
We suggest pre-pressing your item for a quick 5-7 seconds to remove any moisture in the item.
Low Heat Instructions:
- Press for 7-10 seconds at 325-335 with no Teflon sheet with HEAVY pressure. Hot Peel slowly.
- Low heat transfers are rougher feeling on the transfer paper.
High Heat Instructions:
- Press for 7-10 seconds at 375 with not Teflon sheet. Presses under $500 may require a temperature of 5-10 degrees higher. Pressure needs to be HEAVY.
- Hot peel very slowly and if the paper does not peel away freely, put the paper back down and press for an additional 5 seconds.
- Do not wash or dry for at least 24 hours after pressing.
- Turn garment inside out.
- Machine wash cold, regular or gentle cycle.
- Hand to dry or tumble dry on low heat.
- Do not use Bleach.
- Do not use Fabric Softener.
- Do not Iron on or around image.
- Do not dry clean.
840 Designs is not responsible to transfers ruined due to application error. All of our transfers are tested prior to shipping to ensure quality. You must follow our instructions and guidelines to ensure your transfers press properly